1 cup yellow gram /channa dal
1tspn ginger and garlic paste
3-4 green chillies
1small pc cinnamon
1medium sized onion finely chopped
3tbspn coriander finely chopped
3tbspn cup dill leaves finely chopped
Salt as per taste
oil for deep frying
1. Soak channa dal for 3 hrs. Drain the water
2. First grind ginger garlic, green chillies, cinnamon and clove into fine paste.(As the quantity will be less to grind, add little dal and just add few drops of water).
3. Grind the dal coarsely without adding water-if required add few drops.
4. Mix the grinded masala, grinded dal, chopped onion, chopped corriander, chopped dil and salt.
5. Heat oil in a frying pan on meduim flame.
6. Make small balls, pat them gently to give a round shape.
7. Deep fry till it turns golden brown-If necessary turn your flame low.
Serve it hot
Khara Kadabu is steamed with the same vada masala .
Ingredients are same except oil for deep frying.
You can steam using idli cooker or in a micro wave . I have steamed in microwave for 6minutes
Serve it hot.