Monday, January 28, 2008

DILL JEERA RICE

DILL JEERA RICE
Dill Jeera Rice

This recipe is my own creation. I keep trying different rice's/pulav's. This is one among them, which has been great hit. All my guests from different countries including Indians have really enjoyed it.
It is very simple and tasty!

Ingredients:
2 cups of rice
small bunch of dill-coarsely chopped
1tbspn. cumin/jeera seeds
4 cloves
2-3pcs.cinnamon
1 anistar
1 cardamom
2tbspn oil
Salt as per taste




Method:
1. In a pan, heat oil on medium flame add all the spice and saute.

  1. 2. In rice cooking utensil, add rice, coarsely chopped dill,add the sauted spice, salt as per taste and sufficient water to cook rice.

Serve it hot with raitha or any indian curry!

Note: I have always used basmathi rice-I soak for 30min before cooking and the proportion of rice is to water is 1:1.2 i.e., 1cup rice :1.2 cup of water. I cook in electric rice cooker/pressure cooker.

No comments: