Thursday, January 24, 2008

MAJJIGE HULI OR DAHI KADI

MAJJIGE HULI OR DAHI KADI
Kadi! as I call in my mother tongue, marathi is one of my favourite curry which I learnt it from my mother. It is yummy, easy and quickest yogurt curry.

INGREDIENTS
250 gms Yoghurt
2 tbsp Grated coconut
3 Green chillies
2 tbsp Chopped coriander
2 Whole black pepper
1/2 tsp Turmeric
1 tbsp Oil
1 tsp Mustard seeds
8 to 10 Curry leaves
Pinch of Asafoetida
Salt as per taste

METHOD
1. Grind grated coconut by adding green chillies, coriander, pepper and turmeric.
2. Heat oil in a kadai, add mustard seeds, curry leaves and asafoetida.
3. Add the grinded mixture, salt and boil by adding a little water.
4. Cool the mixture/kadi.
5. Beat yogurt with a whisk to make it smooth.
6. Add the yogurt to the cooled mixture/kadi.
7. You can add boiled ladies finger/white pumpkin/cucumber to the kadi. Serve it hot with rice.

No comments: